Ofsted stands for the Office for Standards in Education, Children’s Services and Skills. They are the regulatory body that ensures we are delivering a good quality of learning and care for your child.
They visit the school usually every 3 years to asses how we are doing, and provide us with a grade, and recommendations for improvement.
Our last visit was in 2014 and we were very pleased to be rated as a Good school.
- Attainment at the end of Key Stages 1 and 2 in English and maths has improved since the previous inspection
- Pupils make good progress across Key Stages 1 and 2, achieving well over time
- Children in Year R get off to a flying start
- Children enter Year 1 with above average attainment in reading and maths and broadly average in writing
- Pupils scores in the Year 1 phonics check improved to above average in 2013
- The proportion of pupils who attain at the higher levels at the end of Key Stages 1 and 2 is increasing
- There is a positive climate for learning: pupils’ achievements are celebrated well and they are guided effectively
Of the children, they said our pupils…
- Are friendly and polite
- Have a positive attitude to learning
- Behave well and socialise well together
- Enjoy school
- Think teachers make learning fun
- Say bullying is rare and the school deals with it effectively
- Are interested in learning because there is a positive climate for learning
- Feel safe at school
- Have a good understanding of right and wrong
- Spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is promoted well
- Play well together
We were all thrilled with this judgement.
Ofsted Report 2018Download the Ofsted Report 2018
Ofsted wish to hear the views of parents of the School, to ensure we are delivering what you want for your child. If you would like to complete the survey there is a link below: