Welcome to Oakfield Primary school, a small, friendly school in Totton between Southampton and the New Forest National Park in Hampshire.
Our overall aim at Oakfield is to achieve the highest quality education for each individual child coupled with providing a secure, happy and stimulating environment where children can develop confidence and grow in all respects. This has now been recognised following our recent Ofsted inspection in which the school was judged as good.
We believe that education is a partnership between parents and children. We feel we are all involved in playing an important part in making school life fair and happy for everyone, ensuring that partnership brings about the greatest success in children’s learning.
I do hope that you enjoy looking through our website to find out what our children have been learning about and seeing the exciting events happening at Oakfield.
I am very pleased to announce our latest news -
Oakfield Primary is a GOOD school …it’s official!
This was the verdict following our recent Ofsted inspection in March 2014. We are all thrilled with this judgement. The staff, governors and most importantly the children, have worked hard and we are extremely pleased that this has now been recognised.
Inspectors said that:
- Attainment at the end of Key Stages 1 and 2 in English and maths has improved since the previous inspection
- Pupils make good progress across Key Stages 1 and 2, achieving well over time
- Children in Year R get off to a flying start!
- Children enter Year 1 with above average attainment in reading and maths and broadly average in writing
- Pupils scores in the Year 1 phonics check improved to above average in 2013
- The proportion of pupils who attain at the higher levels at the end of Key Stages 1 and 2 is increasing
- There is a positive climate for learning: pupils’ achievements are celebrated well and they are guided effectively
Of the children they said that our pupils…
- are friendly and polite
- have a positive attitude to learning
- behave well and socialise well together
- enjoy school
- think teachers make learning fun
- say bullying is rare and school deals with it effectively
- are interested in learning because there is a positive climate for learning
- feel safe at school
- have a good understanding of right and wrong
- spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is promoted well
- play well together